Home automation system for controlling louvers, heating and alarm systems (smoke, motion, and window/door opening sensors).
- Control panel - a tablet with a sensor screen, runs on Embedded Linux. Has built-in Wi-Fi, Lan, RF, and NFC modules.
- Set of mechanical units with RF for louvers, heating and alarm systems.
- Server for creating new users, logging, collecting statistics, data transfer, etc.
The Client required a software solution to unite independent devices into a single reliable ecosystem. Also, users (homeowners) were supposed to be able to manage the system both directly and remotely, get notifications, and contact support in case of any issues.
Vakoms was hired to build the solution thanks to extensive experience in IoT app development. To bring the home automation system to life, we have taken the following steps:
- Vakoms was hired to build the solution thanks to extensive experience in IoT app development. To bring the home automation system to life, we have taken the following steps:
- Android and iOS app development - apps to get a remote access to system
- Back-end, server admin webpage development
- Later, provided firmware updates
The app for the control tablet was developed with cross-platform framework Qt and QML as the most efficient solution for Embedded Linux app development. Both mobile apps were also developed with Qt, as it allows the use of one code on both platforms, saving development time.
After 6 months we have released a demo version of the home automation system. It allows the user to control all devices and subsystems (e.g. heating) directly from the main tablet and remotely from smartphones.
In case alarm system is enabled, the user receives a push notification on the smartphone and an SMS.
Besides, you can schedule the time for the house heating to come on, and monitor energy consumption. Using built-in chat, users can contact the service support or the landlord.
- Qt QML engineers (app development for Embedded Linux, Android and iOS)
- Python engineers (server development)
- QA engineer
Demo version released, ongoing.