Artshare - a startup from Hong Kong developing the first online global platform dedicated to the contemporary art of Asia.
There are a number of services which demonstrate tons of artworks and allow users to buy them. But that’s not really the point of art. People need to dive into the world of pictures they see, as they do on real exhibitions or museums.
The challenge was to create a service capable of giving users the required experience. It had to be technologically advanced and personal, where the best of Asian art could be felt, not only seen.
The Client came to Vakoms with the raw version of the Artshare website. To turn it into the desired platform we did the following:
- Implemented new design
- Created new elements, pages and sections
- Add new advanced viewing options
- Integrated with social media,sharing option
- Added secure payment option
- Developed an admin page
- Added automatic generation of regular newsletters.
Now Artshare is a unique place where the most recent works of Asian contemporary artists can be viewed in a special way. Each month you can find a new curated online exhibition of 10 latest pieces. They are photographed in world’s trusted museums, galleries and private collections, which helps art lovers to discover new artists. By the way, every painter gets personal page on the website.
To maximally approach the online viewing experience to a real one, Artshare offers unique tools:
- Each picture can be scaled to get the proper understanding of the size and look
- 3D view feature allows to zoom and rotate the chosen piece to examine it from different sides and angles.
On top of that, Artshare provides two important options for real art lovers and collectors:
- Arrange a private view of the original picture in just a few clicks
- Buying and selling of artworks.
Artshare.com has attracted lots of attention of local and international media, including the Internet, print, radio and television. It is called a unique dynamic platform for art collectors in the digital age. The service has gained the support of Art Advisory Committee consisting of the most respected and influential figures in the Asian art.
- AWS EC2
- Facebook API
- Twitter API